Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sport Day(s) Opening Ceremony

This morning we had the opening ceremony for sports day.  We've been practicing almost every day, at least once a day, for the past two weeks.  Part of our practice was marching around the track (they have no idea how to corner) and run out onto the field into our formation.  I showed up at 7:00am as instructed and was promptly had to have the instructor redo my hair because I don't know the proper technique of how they put it in a bun.  We ran through the form a couple times and then it was time for the fun to start!  Here's a video and a couple pics from the big event...

experiencing technical difficulties with the video... i'll try again later

The track.
It was made using a large hoe-like tool with
four teeth and they would drag it along the dirt
to space the lines evenly.  Then they would
come along after with a shovel and deepen
the lines.  Finally they took this watering can
full of white paint and walked along and poured
it in the groove.  Very precise.



Some of our students ready to show what they're made of!

Have you ever tried marching when there are three different
beats going at the same time?

Raising the flag.

ZZ Officals

Apparently the face of concentration...

Group shot.  The lady in light pink is my instructor and the
girl in darker pink is the head student (I think).

Another instructor brought in to help us out.  I was in awe
of how high she could hold her leg up in a front snap kick
position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, please just be sensitive to my location! Thanks! (I'll check over everything before it shows up for others to see.)