Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting back into the groove of things

A random list, in no particular order and definitely not exclusive...
  • I had almost forgotten just how dry it is here.  The first day I was back I had to pull out the chap stick and moisture lotion.
  • The middle of last week is when I finally adjusted to the time difference.  Woohoo!
  • It feels right to be back
  • I have two good roommates  :)
  • Living on the 6th floor gives me a nice view of the "mountains" and construction on the new new building at school.  I just hope some day the hike up the stairs will feel a little bit shorter.
  • This apartment is all around a much better apartment than the one I lived in last year.  Windows that actually seal, better lighting, matching floor tile, a finished drying room, and improved kitchen layout!
  • The local method of scoring ping pong is weird.  (I will save the rest of this for another post)
  • Apparently it's not as big of a deal for women around here to remember their wedding anniversary.  Or maybe it was just that particular person.  ;) 
  • The roller skating rink has a pile of rubble in the corner.   No one crashed into it and no one seemed to really care about it or think it was unusual.
  • I almost have all the new students names and faces down; there are still a couple I'm working on.
Ok that's it for now...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Feel free to comment, please just be sensitive to my location! Thanks! (I'll check over everything before it shows up for others to see.)